Catherine Zhang is a writer, music enthusiast and foodie from Atlanta now living and working in Chicago!
Welcome to my food blog! I write a lot of restaurant reviews, personal food essays and the occasional recipe now and then. Plus, food from places I’ve traveled. Because to be honest, that’s mostly what my travels are based around: what there is to eat!
Me, on food and cooking:
- Grocery shopping is my favorite past time.
- I live to eat, I don’t eat to live.
- Meal prep is the most productive thing you can do, food-wise.
- The best way to avoid eating junk food is to just not buy it.
- The process of cooking food can be really cathartic if you take the time to enjoy it.
- Lastly, but most importantly: no recipes, unless you’re baking.
My love for food began when I started watching Giada at Home and Good Eats on Food Network as a kid. I started cooking at home in high school. My mom loves to tell the story about when I made her and my dad some chicken dish with puff pastry for one of their wedding anniversaries.
One afternoon shortly before I moved to Chicago to start college, my sister joked at brunch that I should start a food blog.
Ding! I spent the rest of the summer actively exploring Atlanta’s food scene.
Then I moved to Chicago and have been getting to know all of the pockets of neighborhoods around this beautiful city.
However, being a college student meant that I had a limited budget, and so I also cooked a lot once I moved off-campus. Since then, I’ve graduated and moved closer to downtown from the suburbs of Evanston.
Facebook: Cat the Critic
Want to know more? Visit my personal website, Never Stationary!